Getting lippy

12


 

 
I first discovered Kat Von D when watching the programme 'Miami Ink' (which now feels like forever ago), I instantly warmed to her personality and the fact she was so down to earth. I loved seeing her amazing tattoo work but I remember always being so fascinated by her makeup - especially her eyeliner. I had no idea that she later went on to release her beauty line at Sephora in 2008. It was only after the existence of Instagram and the recent beauty accounts I now follow that I managed to rediscover her...and let's be honest...I'm so glad I did. I'd say it was last year when I started seeing her products appearing on my Instagram feed more and more. Then it clicked in me....that's Kat Von D! It's amazing to see that she did go on to create her own makeup line and ever since I rediscovered her I was eager to get my hands on her products. The only downside was that it wasn't available in the UK. Thankfully that has all changed now and as of the 13th September 2016 her products are now stocked online and in some stores of Debenhams. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw she was launching over here.

I had heard so many amazing things about all of her products but I was particularly interested in her 'everlasting' liquid lipsticks. I now have three in my collection consisting of 'Lolita', 'Bow & Arrow' and 'Lovesick' which I've been obsessing over ever since I received them. 

Debenhams states the following about Kat Von D's 'everlasting liquid lipsticks:

These 'everlasting' liquid lipsticks feature a creamy formula which glides over lips like a gloss and sets to a true matte finish. Along with 24-hour wear and 26 striking, high-pigment shades, this next-generation formula is packed with natural moisturisers including vitamin E and sunflower seed wax. For perfect results shake the bottle well before application and apply a single layer in a smooth, even motion.

When it comes to the formula of these lipsticks it really is like nothing else I've ever tried before. They are so pigmented so the saying 'less is more' really is true about these lipsticks. I find that I only ever need one coat and the colour appears opaque on my lips. The product dries within seconds so you have just have enough time to do any little touch ups. I would recommend keeping your mouth open whilst it dries otherwise putting your lips together can cause product transfer from the bottom lip to the top, this then calls for the need for another application to the lower lip. 

The staying power of these products are...amazing. You can literally go hours and hours whilst wearing these and they won't budge. I find that I can drink various drinks, eat various types of food and they stay put. I've even eaten an ice-cream messily and it was still intact afterwards. The only time this starts to come off is if you eat oily food. 

The only hesitation I had about trying these lipsticks was the fact that I have an obsession with keeping my lips moisturised and hydrated at all times. I'm the type of person who always has multiple lip products to hand. I even sleep with a lip balm on my bedside table and often reaching for it during the night. With this product being matte I was really worried that I was going to hate it. I couldn't have been more wrong, the product does dry down on your lips within seconds yes, but it almost feels like it seals your lips allowing for no moisture to escape. My lips have never felt dry whilst wearing these lipsticks and that makes me love these even more.

When choosing a colour to suit you I found that going on Instagram/Youtube/Pinterest provided the best answers, this is because the various shades have a tendency to look different on others lips and always looks darker/lighter depending on your skin tone. 

I love the packaging of KvD's products, especially the lipsticks, I think the design is modern and edgy just like her. The matte lids are interesting and the metallic rose design is a clear nod to her tattooing roots in my eyes. I love how you get a clear view of the product inside and can see the colour clearly. The only downside for me is the doe-foot applicator, it appears longer than every other lip product I've ever bought - making application a little tricky at times as you seem so far away from your lips, but it's not a big deal.

Lolita -  Said to be a 'Chestnut rose' colour but appearing more red/brown toned on my fair skin.
Bow & Arrow -  Noted as 'Fawn nude' but appearing a brown/nude tone on myself.
Lovesick - Mentioned to be a 'Mauve nude' and is definitely more on the mauve/soft pink side on my lips.

I'd recommend that if anyone is thinking about or has been considering these lipsticks to go and get some! You'll be addicted. 

Where to find Kat Von D:
*Factual information about the products taken from Debenhams and Sephora website.

12 comments

  1. I think you made to look for it and buy! Haha. I have 1001 lisptick already but it's never too much, right? :D

    http://ezerskyte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Lolita and I absolutely adore it! Fab colours.

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I want them all!

    Emma | Fashion Photographer and Model | emmanmh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly how I feel too haha, just give meeeee


      thatsashajay.co.uk

      Delete
  4. LOVE the pink 1 ! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day!
    Dominica from www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous well put together post. Would you like to collaborate? If she contact me whaterindid@gmail.com.

    http://www.whaterindid.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to try her products...these colors are beautiful!


    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of those colours look so stunning I can't even pick a favourite! I am so happy I found your blog, I will definitely be reading it regularly now. Keep up the lovely work! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about Kat Von D, especially these lip products and also the eyeliner! Have you tried the eyeliner?
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amaaazing, I haven't purchased one yet though! I have my eyes all over Lolita, it's such a gorgeous color <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need to try these - you had me at "creamy formula"!

    | www.pxll.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Lolita, no doubt it's just the best for every skin tone! :) Lovely post, I enjoyed reading! ♡

    Evelyn | BeautyCloud9

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

© Fashion's Fault. Design by MangoBlogs.