NEW IN: Beauty

1


I've come up with the idea to do a three part series of 'NEW IN' blog posts which will start off with this Beauty segment shortly followed by a NEW IN: Interiors post then lastly a NEW IN: Fashion post. Let me know what you think of this idea and whether I should do anything similar in the future. 

As always a 'quick trip' to Boots to buy one thing ends with me spending £45 on yet more beauty items that I probably didn't need but just couldn't help myself. Some of these items I've had my eye on before and others I simply came across and just had to give them a go. I've been trying them out for about a month now with varying opinions on them all.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara was something I had intended on trying for awhile now but never got round to it. Over the years I've tried out my fair share of mascaras that have been amazing but others horrific. For me it's quite hard to find one that tops the one that I'm already using which is, Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara. This mascara for me is the be all and end all, it doesn't transfer throughout the day, no smudging, it lengthens and adds so much volume to my lashes. So when it came to purchasing this one I knew it had to be good if it was going to beat my current love. Sadly it didn't, I guess with it being Max Factor too I assumed (or hoped) it would be just as good if not better. With the added fact I had heard so many good things about the 2000 Calorie Mascara I thought I'd be silly not to give it a go. When applying for the first time I felt like the formula didn't adhere to my lashes at all. Although I found that it separated my lashes well it didn't add any length or volume I was left feeling a bit 'meh' and unsure about what it actually did for me. Needless to say I went back to my regular mascara to apply the rest of the coats. I even tried the new mascara over the top to see if that would've helped to create a base for it to sit on and perform but still it did nothing for me. I was left feeling quite disappointed actually. I think it may perform better if I let it dry up a little bit, at the moment the formula is very wet, I will give this mascara another go sometime soon!

Sexy Mother Pucker 'Pillow Plump XXL' lip gloss in Clearvoyant has been like revisiting my secondary school days. I remember years & years ago during my time at school I had the original Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss and used to feel so cool using it with the thought that it was going enhance my lips. Seeing this in store took me straight back to those days and I definitely had a little laugh in my head thinking back to it. The difference with this one is the XXL aspect and the fact it comes in a squeezable tube now. I liked the addition of the silicone applicator as it's a lot more comfortable than the traditional hard plastic applicator. From the first application I was definitely taken aback by how much it tingles I think I remarked 'it feels like pins and needles on my lips'. I didn't see the difference in my lip size the first few occasions I used it, however, after looking back at a photo I had taken of myself I can definitely see the difference! (The photo is on my Instagram if you want to take a peek). I didn't buy this with the intention of needing my lips to look more enhanced because I think my lips are a reasonable size now and don't need any help with that, I think it was more of a nostalgic purchase with a bit of fun in mind. I must add, I'm not too keen on the packaging it looks like something you could have purchased from Ann Summers.

Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light was something I didn't have my eye on but I knew I was on the look out for a cream concealer as opposed to my usual liquid concealer. In previous years I had used Benefit Boi-ing Concealer which I loved but when looking for a cream concealer this time I wanted to try something different incase I was missing out on a better product I hadn't tried before. I came across this and wanted to give it a go. My usual (and the all round popular) Collection Lasting Perfection concealer has been my go to for a few years now so again, just like the mascara, the new one would have to beat tough competition. My initial use of this left me feeling unsure as to whether I liked it. It felt quite dense in the tube and dragged under my eye area feeling quite harsh to use. However, as the days went by I feel as though with every use the cream softened and started to glide over my skin. It was good at covering up my under eye circles but I still prefer the liquid concealer to cover my blemishes. As I'm so pale even the light shade comes out a little orange on me but when I've got fake tan on I'm sure it'll suit me better. 

Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream in Shabby Chic was just one of many lip products that I had my eye on. You may already know that I am obsessive about lip products, I have far too many and didn't really need this but of course I couldn't resist. Matte lip products are fast becoming by favourite, throughout the years I was always a lip balm/lip gloss girl, I forever lived for shiny lips but ever since I got my hands on Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks it's safe to say I've never looked back. First of all, the fact there's 13 shades to choose from meant I was in the shop deliberating for a long time. I chose 'Shabby Chic' 1. because I love the name but 2. lately I've been so obsessed with certain types of pinky shades and this was one of them. It's sort of a pinky shade with a hint of purple. I fell in love. The formula seems creamy but I've only ever done swatches so I'm really excited to give this a proper go as I've heard they're really good and last all night! 

Sleek Conturing & Blush Palette in Fair is very similar to a previous product that I've spoken about in my 'Tried and Tested' blog post, Makeup Revolution 'Sculpt & Contour' kit CO1. Upon buying this I initially didn't make the connection between how similar these products were. It wasn't until I had brought my new goodies home and was going through them did I suddenly recognise the similarities between the colours, design and packaging. They are definitely dupes for each other. The packaging is almost identical in terms of the layout however, the Sleek version definitely looks more expensive and classy. After hitting pan on the Makeup Revolution kit I was on the lookout for something with a better formula, the old £3.50 kit definitely reflected it's price when it came to the quality of the formula and its staying power. With the Sleek palette costing more at £9.99 I wondered whether there would be an improvement in quality of the powders. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was better colour pay off and it was longer lasting.

I'd love to know of any products that you recommend or what you're loving right now!


1 comment

  1. Love trying new mascaras, so tempted to try this one now!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

© Fashion's Fault. Design by MangoBlogs.